Friday, December 10, 2010

More Fun with the Brainless Governor Elect

Okay, so the 810 million or so bucks that could have built light rail, improved environmental impact and transported people efficiently is now officially dead thanks to Scott Walker.  The money is going to California or Illinois.  Wisconsinites lost out.  Now I wonder just how many people will lament this decision once gasoline is being rationed to control greenhouse gasses.  But that's looking to the future, someplace Scott Walker can't even imagine, nor, obviously, can the population who elected him.  Scott Walker did, however, agree to get rid of the taxes on health savings accounts.  WEE DOGIE.  You can now save up to pay for your own heart attack, tax free.

The future seems to be arriving rather rapidly.  Am I the only one who is noticing this?  The level of discontent, not only in this country, but in the world is rapidly becoming so evident, you'd have to be a blind man (or a Republican) not to see it.  When did you ever see a royal's Rolls Royce attacked in a country as staid as Britain? 

I call myself an Anarchist because I truly do believe that the only way things will ever change is by tearing all institutions down and starting over.  But anarchy is very scary, even to me, and that it is starting to happen frightens me very much.

The fundamental lesson people seem to be missing here is that you cannot suppress the majority to grant privileges to the very small percentage of ultra-rich folks who think their money somehow makes them special.  Unfortunately, that money seems, more and more, to be making the rich nothing more than a target.  You'd think they'd get a clue. 

Well, it's probably time for a civil war anyhow.  We're so politically stagnant that any effort toward progress gets strangled by the status quo immediately.  America the free really is no more, and I'm truly unsure that it ever was.  It is rapidly declining into fascism.  I am disheartened to call myself an American and I truly hope that I will become an ex-patriot sooner than later.

No comments: