Friday, June 28, 2013

Rage Against the Machine

I think it's important that all of you whom live in  southeastern Wisconsin know that my husband and I are moving into an all electric home in southern Louisiana.  In the middle of summer. 

While talking to the person who previously lived in the house, he advised us that he kept his thermostat at 65 (way too cold for me - I literally froze in every establishment I entered in Baton Rouge because 65 seems to be the standard temperature, and when your legs and arms are bare, that's just chilly).  I digress.  The person advised us that their electric bill (mind you in the all electric house) was about $120 per month in the hottest months. 

Now this may seem irrelevant, but the truth is, I pay almost twice this much to heat and cool my house every month here in Wisconsin.  WE Energies is a corporation out to steal from you at every opportunity.  I don't know how you can rage against this particular machine - I've been doing it for decades with no result, but the people in southeastern Wisconsin should know they are being gouged and totally f*cked by this company.  Just google their executive compensation and bonuses for last year if you don't believe.

Rage against the machine.  Just wish I knew how.  Not like there's another utility company to patronize. 

No comments: