Friday, September 27, 2019

Staying Sane in the Insanity that has become America

These are most interesting and demoralizing times.

The highest office in our land is steeped in criminal behavior and cover-ups.

The President is screaming "witch hunt" yet again.

Here is what I'm going to do.

I'm only going to read one credible newspaper.  My suggestion would be The New York Times or The Washington Post.  These are prize-winning newspapers with integrity and great journalistic standards.

I'm going to limit my television viewing to two hours per day from a credible network.  My suggestion is watch the nightly news from ABC, NBC, or CBS, or better yet, Public Television.
Stay away from Fox (Faux) News.  Stay away from lunatic spin.  Get the facts.  I believe it is incumbent on all of us to understand the facts.  You cannot get facts from Fox News.  What you can get is lunatic spin, so if you're a lunatic........go for it.  I won't attempt to reason with lunatics.

I will listen to National Public Radio. 

I will be deaf to the pundits.  I might value your opinion, but I will base my own on facts and I will make sure my sources are valid.

This is not partisan in-fighting; this is not right versus left, republican versus democrat.  This is trying to recover the shredded democracy we once called America.

Do your part.  Or live with the consequences. 










No comments: