Friday, November 26, 2021

Thanksgiving and the Big Kick Off to the Holiday Season

 I'm probably going to be viewed as ungracious, but after Thanksgiving, I go into a slump.  I do not care for the Christmas Season.  It is no reason to be jolly, in my opinion.  I have a long and checkered unhappiness where Christmas is concerned that doesn't even merit discussion.  It just exists and I deal with it and try to make others not have to deal with it by pasting on my peaceful holiday resting non-bitch face.

But I am very thankful for a few things this year.  First of all, that no one I know has died of COVID.  That the people I know who got COVID did not die, despite not being vaccinated and that I am not as ridiculously ignorant as they are.  I am thankful for a new person in the White House to replace the fascist orange blob who sinks to new depths in the swampland of Florida.  I would be ever so thankful if the failed one term, twice impeached ex-president got eaten by an alligator on one of his slummy swamp golf courses; but that's almost like a Christmas wish, and I don't make those.


It has been a really rough couple of years for all of us.  A pandemic of epic proportions.  Disinformation that has added to the death toll.  People being shot dead in the street by a teenager whose mother drove him to a protest.  That same teenager being acquitted.  A cop committing murder as a crowd watched.  White supremacy raising it's ugly head in a Georgia suburb.  It has been horrendous.  Hurricanes, floods climate disasters, OH MY!   And the fact that so many Americans are incredibly stupid.  That just boggles the mind.  I think, before Donald Trump, stupid people kept a low profile, lest they be thought of as stupid.  But Trump brought new glory to Stupid, and all the stupids rose up and screamed at the top of their lungs, MY STUPID IS JUST AS GOOD AS YOUR SMARTS.  Sadly, they still believe this.  


I'm no genius, but I know when I'm being had.  I know the difference between good and evil, right and wrong, law and order.   So if I believed in the Christmas miracle and actually thought I could make a wish, I would wish for the strength to hold this country back from the rabbit hole it is heading toward unless we can educate these incredibly stupid, right wing, gun slinging fanatics.




 



No comments: