Sunday, September 11, 2022

Roevember

I certainly hope that every eligible woman in this country votes in the mid-term elections.  The mid-terms will determine our autonomy over our bodies.  I believe most intelligent women voters in this country understand this.  I believe we will turn out en masse to defeat the old white men who would dictate our futures.  I believe we will be an overwhelmingly large blue wave.  We will tell our society that we will not stand for any man dictating to us what we can or cannot do with our own bodies.  As I was thinking about this earlier today, I realized the sad sad state of our country, because this kind of fascist control would have been unheard of in the past fifty years.  And I also was thinking that, despite our willingness to turn out the vote and turn this nightmare around, women are truly sick to death of coming in to clean up the mess the men of the world have made of things.


I hope that every woman who votes against the religious right dinosaurs realizes her power.  If we can shut these rich old white men down (as well as their sycophant hair sprayed counterparts), think of what else we can do.  Let's talk about it and let's do it.  Women can think progressively.  Forward thinking change makes the status quo of this country very very nervous.  Let's give them a reason to run for the Xanax.  Let's take this country not back, but over.  Because I, for one, am very over this utter bullshit.





No comments: