Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Trump's Game Plan

 The only reason the orange doufass hasn't announched his 2024 run for the presidency is the simple truth that he gets to keep all the money idiots keep sending him, to do with what he wants.  Once he announces his candidacy, all that money goes into a campaign fund, complete with campaign finance rules.  So if you are one of the people sending him money, what a sap/rube you are!  Just another example of a fool and his/her money quickly parting ways.


I have watched this mental cripple dance around laws and decency for many years.  I have always found him repulsive and stupid.  I don't know how he managed to get elected to a first term as president, but I certainly will do everything in my power to prevent him from ever getting near that office again.  It's not merely that I detest the man and the hatred he always brings to whatever he does, it's that this democracy simply cannot survive another round of Trump.


But in a way, I hope he does run.  It will bring out every apathetic voter in the land, people who are now well aware of the fact that not voting gets them into dangerous waters.  I don't think he could win the nomination from the GOP, much less the presidency, but sadly I was totally wrong about that in 2016.  Now I am a bit more educated about how many uneducated voters there actually are in America.


Been watching NetFlix's "The Handmaid's Tale" for several seasons now.  I think Margaret Atwood got some things very right.  We can't survive in a capitalist/consumer driven model.  We must change.  In Margaret Atwood's nightmare, the religious right takes over and it's chaos for people like me, who don't believe in religion.  In my dream, we need to have socialized medicine, especially for people with mental illness.  We ALL have to pay our FAIR share of taxes and stop complaining about it.  We have to have a global perspective rather than an isolated superpower view.  And we have to find a different way to do government, because the way it is done now just shines its dysfunction everywhere.  I propose term limits.  I propose campaign finance reform.  I propose no business interfering with governing bodies on any level.  


But mostly I propose that we stop giving Donald Trump any credibility as a human being of any value.  He simply is a disgusting has-been and an avaricious wanna-be.









No comments: