Monday, May 10, 2010

Nina Gets Her Degree!

Tonight, my husband and I will attend a ceremony for my best friend, Nina, (an original Chicago bus riding B), who will graduate, with honors, from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.

Nina is originally from Poland, is now a U.S. citizen and is receiving a degree in Slavic languages. She spent a few semesters studying in Russia. She speaks English and Polish fluently, and continues to study Russian. She's smart, serene and spiritual, and I'm thankful I know her.

Congratulations to Antonina (Nina) on this great accomplishment. I can't even think what it would take for me to move to a foreign country, learn the language, and then obtain a degree in that second language. Oh well, maybe I can ..... it would take a miracle in my case. I have watched Nina's academic progress since she started school and I applaud her. She's overcome a whole boat load of challenges and obstacles to be sitting where she'll be sitting this evening --- and I hope she feels as proud of herself as I feel pride in her accomplishments.

To all people who take on and exceed at seemingly impossible tasks --- You're Fabulous! To Nina, you GO GIRL! And to anyone who needs a Polish interpreter, just contact me.

No comments: