Wednesday, July 8, 2020

To Mask Or Not to Mask ---- That is the Difference Between Intelligence and Stupidity

Now that Donald Trump was almost successful in bringing down the destruction of the United States, let's take a look on how we'll fix it.

I, like many Americans, have been in my home since March ---- self-imposed isolation being important to my health and the health of my neighbors.

When I have had to venture anyplace, I've worn a mask (which is mandated by the City of New Orleans), but usually, I just stay home.  I am not so without imagination that I cannot enjoy the down time, even though I'm retired and most of my time is down time.  I have projects, I have reading and I am catching up on NetFlix movies.  My garden has never looked more lovely, my house has never been so clean, my meals have never been so creative.  In short, I am not upset that I can't go to a mall or a manicurist (things I rarely did anyhow).

But the whole "rights" thing associated with the masking of America has brought me to the edge of sanity.

We are mandated to wear seat belts.
We are mandated to stop at red lights.
We are mandated to not kill.
We are mandated to not steal.
We are mandated not to beat our children.
We are mandated to get vaccinated before going to public school.
We are mandated to wear clothes in public.
The list goes on ad infinitum.

Yet suddenly, we have a group of anti-maskers screaming about their rights - how they can't breathe - how this is fascist dictatorship.

I guess, if nothing else, this group of people might now start to understand how the mandates against abortion are ridiculously overstepping government's rights.

Here is what I have to say to this group of incredibly unintelligent, arrogant, narcissistic people:

1.  Get Over YOURSELVES.  Put a mask on.
2.  People are dying, over 130,000 of your fellow Americans, already.  Put a mask on.
3.  Don't want to be the planet's epicenter for the Covid 19 any longer. Put a mask on.
4.  Would not like to watch anyone die. (Actually, they must die alone).  Put a mask on.
5.  Care about your fellow citizens?  Put a mask on.
6.  Support Donald Trump in all his full-blown ignorance?  Put a mask on.

In short, people, put a MASK ON.

This Covid-19 virus is declaring open season on the unmasked.  So if you really want to get back to some semblance of normalcy, put a mask on and shut your ignorant mouths.  If you can't breathe - then die.  Alone.  Good Riddance.





No comments: