Friday, May 10, 2013

Simple Statistics

Attacks on U.S. Embassies under George Dubya Bush  = 10

Deaths resulting from attacks on U.S. Embassies under George Dubya Bush = 60

Republican Outrage about the attacks and deaths under George Dubya Bush = 0

Obviously George Dubya Bush is not only a hopelessly asinine idiot, he's also attained some unholy god-like status, at least to other hopelessly asinine idiots.

Go Barack Obama.  Up next, Hilary Clinton - and don't these blockhead republicans know it and are setting the stage to cripple her campaign, as I write.

There are times when I'm actually relieved there are so many morons in the United States.  When you put them all together, it spells republican party.  That's one party we're happy to skip!  Not that we'd be invited.  How does a republican throw a party?  By opening his mouth.

And speaking of republican asinine idiots, Paul Ryan has stuck his foot in his mouth by referring to children born to immigrants as "anchor babies".   Where's the love, Ryan?  You consistently campaign for the pre-born, yet babies who aren't born pale white to pale white American citizens are anchors?  To what?  Fast road to citizenship?  Slow road to deportation?    A life of underemployment?  A struggle to make minimum wage. 

I like to be in America!
Okay by me in America!
Everything free in America!
For a small fee in America!

Like your life.











1 comment:

AlexisAR said...

I remember when I first fell in love with Barack Obama in a political sense or, for that matter, when I first saw or heard of him. It was during the 2004 democratic national Convention. I watched his keynote address. After one dubya campaign, nearly four years of the man as presidet, and half of another presidential campaign, I was beginning to believe at the age of nine that a prerequisite to being president was a drawl and a particular southern dialect indicative of a lack of quality education. (President Clinton spoke wth some degree of a drawl, but his speech was far from indicative of a lack of education; I was, however, a mere six years old when he left office.) I understand that President George W. Bush was raised in Texas, but he did have an Andover Prep School and Yale education. Despite any time spent growing up in Texas, he should have known that the word "doesn't" is not pronounced /dudn't/.

I'm sure John Kerry was well spoken, but I hadn't paid all the much attention to him up to that point. then, for whatever reason, our TV was tuned to a cable news station on the evening the keynote address was delivered. I walked through, paused, then sat down to watch, mesmerized.

I said at the conclusion of the speech that if Kerry failed to be elected, that man would be our next president following Bush. My aunt, a democratic party activist who was at our home that evening, said, "It's a little early to say that. We've stil got Hilary Clinton, and there are a number of rising stars. Barack Obama may have a bright political future, but it's just too early to tell."

I stood by my original assertion. "That man will be president. And not too long from now."

After four years of Dubya as the primary politician seen and heard on television, I was incredibly impressed by a political candidate who could string a sentence together that was both grammatically correct and articulate that I knew we as the American public could not pass up this opportunity.