Monday, June 10, 2013

Goodbye Blue Monday

Today is the last Monday I will be waking up and going off to work for awhile.  It feels good.  I'm so busy these days, planning our move across the country.  This job just interferes with my schedule, terribly.

Friday, my friends and I are going out to celebrate the official end to my working life. 

This country has everything backwards.  We should pay social security benefits to people from the ages 21 to 45.  At that stage of life, it would be great to take your youthful vitality and travel, experience new cultures, explore the world around you, and decide what you want to be.  Then you'd be a truly well-rounded person entering the workforce at 45, and all your major ya-yas would have been subdued or satisfied.  You'd be a quality, stable, centered employee, ready to work until you die or dement.

At any rate, it feels good to know that my alarm clock will not be working for me on anymore Monday mornings.  I will be living in a part of the country that will allow me to be outside for more than five months of the year so I don't think I'll be cooped up and bored in the winter months ever again.

Life is good.  I just wish I could twitch my nose and make this move be over because it FREAKING sucks to pack up a lifetime.



No comments: