Friday, January 7, 2011

Nothing to Say

I'm a firm believer in saying nothing if I have nothing to say.  I feel the airwaves are polluted by too much senseless noise anyhow.

But I saw two movies this week that I must recommend.

Black Swan, with Natalie Portman, is possibly the best psychological thriller I've ever seen, and I will be forever delighted that Ms. Portman's performance happened during my lifetime and I got a chance to see it on the big screen!

Mark Wahlberg's "The Fighter" is a wonderful movie, gritty in its portrayal of family relationships.  I'll just say that the group of women who played the nastier than sludge sisters brought me much joy!  Personal reasons!  And remember, although not all family relationships are as dysfunctionally in your face as the Ward family, there are truths exposed in this movie that apply to every family.  It's a "How To Not Be A Family" handbook.  Unfortunately, lots of families don't need a handbook; they've got it down.

No comments: