Tuesday, November 30, 2010

That Whooshing Noise

Lately, I just feel like I'm going around and around in circles and I keep hearing a whooshing noise. Sort of like I'm being flushed, along with every other American citizen.

We're all being flushed down the toilet of American politics. It's so very disheartening, but I guess it's inevitable, since this country is disintegrating rapidly. There will be more emergency sessions to fix the problems; more election turmoils and more finger pointing and ass kissing, surely. But the fact is, the United States of America can't hold on....not in it's current, or any of it's past states.

Not that long ago, Sarah Palin was a vice presidential political appointee who quickly opened her mouth and proved herself to be little more than a right-wing hack whom no one could possibly take seriously because she was so obviously the antithesis of intelligence. I believe she single-handedly lost the election for John McCain, thank God, by the by.

But all of a sudden, Sarah Palin is more popular than Thanksgiving turkey. She has a reality show that everyone tunes into, and somehow has managed to spin her natural, outdoorsy and down-home, folksy self into a nationwide belief that this has EVERYTHING to do with governing a nation. I catch fish in my lake, I hike in the Wisconsin north woods, I enjoy swimming in the ocean and I wear plaid shirts. However, I'm firmly of the opinion that this does not qualify me as a candidate for potential leader of the free world. Sarah Palin had her five minutes of fame, and now she's determined to turn that brief encounter into a career. She's one-dimensional and egomaniacal. She would have to be an egomaniac to believe she has anything serious going on upstairs.

Please, someone explain to me when and how Sarah Palin stopped being a political joke and people started taking her, and her lofty ambitions to the oval office, seriously. Whoosh, I hear that sound. Maybe the toilet I keep hearing flush is actually the American citizenry's sanity making a run for the border.

And George Dubya Bush writing a book that's become a bestseller? Jesus Christ, Mary and Joseph, a book titled "Decision Points". The only decision George Bush ever made that could be considered reasonable was his choice to start drinking alcohol again. At least he could live with himself and the financial destruction he brought to this nation with that one. George Bush didn't make any decisions during his presidency. Karl Rove made all the decisions for George Bush. Why doesn't anyone know this anymore? How do these hacks continually reinvent themselves and how does a nation of supposedly intelligent and industrious people buy this BULLSHIT????? And it is BULLSHIT!!!!! Someone send Bush a case of Glenfiddich so he can go back to doing what he does best.

I watched John McCain on television this morning attempting to resurrect the cold war between Russia and the United States. Does McCain not get that the Soviet Union failed (much the same way America will)? Apparently he does not. Mr. McCain, being a Republican, wants to take things backward, as do all Republicans. Backward means they can use those same tired tricks to stump the American public into thinking the GOP has their best interests at heart. Republicans are fundamentally unable to look forward, everything must revert to the past for them. That's where they're comfortable. That's where all rich old white men are comfortable. I seriously am thinking of starting a campaign to get rid of the rich old white men who rule this land. I'll call it:

"If You Love America, Please Do Your Part. Kill Yourself".

No comments: