Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Food Safety

I received an e-mail from Senator Herb Kohl (D-WI) who advised me of progress being made regarding the nation's food safety with the passage of S.510, the Food Safety Modernization Act.

I appreciate that this issue is being taken seriously and that positive steps are being taken to ensure the safety of America's food supply.

I've learned that people die, many of them small children, because super-conglomerate food processors have not been held accountable for the safety or sanitary conditions of their operations. I hope the Senate Bill goes far enough in insuring that the money gluttonous, bottom line capitalist pigs whose five major companies represent the majority of food processed in the United States never endanger another human being.

Meanwhile, I'll continue to eat organic foods from my local market.  It would be nice if the rest of America would do the same. 

Citizens in America do have power.  We just don't use it. 

No comments: