Monday, November 19, 2012

WE Energies - More Extortion on the Horizon

I have had philosophical problems with WE Energies all my life.  First of all, what possible reason can there be for southeastern Wisconsin to pay some of the highest utility rates in the nation other than these greedy whores have found it very easy to gouge the consumer, repeatedly. 

Currently, WE Energies is planning yet another rate boost (this coming after one of the warmest winters on record in 2012).  Do you see the correlation here?  Despite a warm winter, WE Energies managed to pay their top executives millions in bonuses.  Is it my fault the climate change contributed to less billable kilowatts?  Does WE Energies even understand that their dirty coal plants are at least part of the reason we have global warming and milder winters?  They also paid big bucks in legal fees.  As far as I'm concerned, I'm not party to the lawsuit, I didn't do anything wrong, so why am I being asked to pay for litigation that has nothing to do with me, other than I'm forced to purchase energy from the only game in town.

WE Energies wants us to pay their legal fees and  their cost overruns at their dirty coal fired plant in Oak Creek, among other ridiculous surcharges to the consumer.  They're asking for fee increases.   The biggest increase would be a fixed charge on monthly electrical bills (40%) for customers who use the least amount of energy.  Always WE Energies goes after the people least able to afford to support the gluttonous need for more cash.  This is nothing less than extortion.  WE Energies is nothing short of a cash junkie.

I don't understand who the Public Service Commission is representing here; but it doesn't seem to be Joe Public, since WE Energies gouges the consumer continuously, and Joe Public can't even fire them because they're a monopoly.  The PSC needs to crawl out of bed with this psychotic whore and get their heads around the fact that WE Energies is as out of control as the KGB was.

WE Energies is padding the numbers about how much staffing they will need to have to support future projects.  Currently, these positions are vacant, and my guess is, they'll stay that way.  Who better to cook the books than an energy company?  What better way to appeal to the state than by the promise of future jobs, even though its all lip service.

I'm sick of WE Energies, and I'm sick of corporations like WE Energies being allowed to operate in America.  Someone much bigger than the PSC needs to look at what WE Energies is pulling.  This company epitomizes corporate greed and unfair business practices at every step.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There are some interesting points in time in this article but I don’t know if I see all of them center to heart. There is some validity but I will take hold opinion until I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as well


[url=http://jordanshoesaj.exteen.com/]jordans outlet[/url]


[url=http://jerseys2013.fast-page.org/]Texans Jerseys[/url]