Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blizzard, Day Three

I hate Wisconsin.  I hate the f*ckn snow, I hate the cold, I hate the ice, I hate wearing mittens, I hate wearing boots, I hate scarves, I hate heavy coats that make you look 90 lbs. overweight, in short, I hate Wisconsin in the winter.  I also hate these stinking wool socks that irritate the dry skin on my heels.

The idiot who is supposed to plow our alley has not shown up, and many families who live on the circle are completely stranded, with their cars in garages blocked by 10 foot snow drifts. The neighbor who hired this person, has no information for us, other than updates that fail to come true.  My husband's car is stuck in the garage.  We are supposed to be at the airport at 4 a.m. tomorrow morning for a trip to Costa Rica, but it's up in the f*ckn air whether that will actually happen.  No way are we going to be able to go to the airport in our car.  Fortunately, I have a real wonderful brother-in-law who doesn't mind the early wake up call.  Right now, he is the only good thing in Wisconsin.  The worst thing about this trip is I have to leave f*ckn Wisconsin and fly to f*ckn Texas, the second biggest shit hole in the universe.  The weather is bad in Texas.  Ice and cold.  To all of you f*ckn morons who don't believe in global warming, wake up and wipe the ice off your a-holes.

Now my complaints are silly at best, I know.  Nothing is life threatening, nothing is the end of the world.  Except, it's my f*ckn life and I'm f*ckn sick of being ass-freezing, bullshit cold.

I have been wanting to move out of this god forsaken ice hole my entire life, and I'm still here.  That's it.  I'm done.  I seriously doubt if I will be boarding the plane to come home from Costa Rica, if by some f*ckn miracle I actually f*ckn get there in the next f*ckn three days.  My husband will just have to deal with it, much the same way I've had to deal with his reluctance to fully retire and go someplace warmer.  Even if I die there, at least I'll die warm and tropical.  I'm dying here.  I am glad I realized it and I'm going to save myself.  If I don't freeze to f*ckn death first.

No comments: