Saturday, February 19, 2011

Stop the Fascists

Letter to State Senator Mary Lazich (R-Greendale)

I am deeply saddened by your support of the so called "Budget Repair Bill". We all understand the need to make cuts and we expect government workers to help out. That is not what this is all about. You know as well as I do that this is a way for Walker and his gang to destroy collective bargaining rights in Wisconsin.


Why are you part of this gang? It is wrong! wrong! wrong! The way it was done, with no real discussion and no compromise in one week? What is wrong with that? It is undemocratic and you know it. This issue was not part of Walker's campaign. If it had been I think he would not have been elected.

I grew up in Greendale and spent much of my adult life there. My children also went to school there, and my daughter continues to live there. I lived there when you were elected, and I have worked with you in the past on mental health issues. My father also lived there. Some years ago after he was deceased, you presented an award to my father, which I received on his behalf for his contributions to the community. I can tell you in all honesty that my father would never have accepted that award from you had he known of your refusal to support union collective bargaining rights. He was a strong supporter of union rights. Given what I know about you now, I am sorry accepted that award for him from you. I feel I have soiled his memory.
Please reconsider your stand. I am sure there can be some compromise. Show some leadership because Walker will not.

If you continue to support this bill as it stands, I can tell you I will work hard to recall you and/or unseat you as a senator.

No comments: