Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sad and Disappointing Election News

It is hard to grasp that state senator, Alberta Darling, managed to retain her senate seat after engaging in some of the most controversial legislation ever enacted in the State of Wisconsin.  I suppose its because her district has a fair number of millionaires and billionaires, but it is still hugely disappointing that the recall elections only managed to rid the republican vermin in two districts.

Scott Walker quietly signed the redistricting legislation into law, thereby insuring that republicans will have the advantage in future elections.

Meanwhile, across the sea, I'm watching the riots in London, ultimately brought on by dismay with the conservative government there.  Preview of things to come here?

In Milwaukee, a pregnant woman and her son were walking down a street in bright daylight.  Thieves approached, asked for her purse, and when she wouldn't relinquish it, they killed her.  Cold-blooded?  Check.  Animals?  Check. 

I'm afraid that the republican party is going to promote the proliferation of human animals who will roam the streets, taking what they want and killing those who won't give it to them.  I've always believed America, if it couldn't get things right, would descend into anarchy. 

Nothing is right in America anymore.  Nothing is right in Wisconsin.  But I have found a place to live in Belize, and I'm looking forward to getting the hell out of this insane society.  I'm extremely disheartened to be living in Wisconsin, and for that matter, living in America.  This country is a huge embarrassment for those of us who remember and try to abide by the principles on which it was founded.  Obviously, we're a minority.  I don't know how I'll feel about watching America burn when I'm safe in a third world country (which is a step up from America today), but burn it will.  Who thought London would burn? 


No comments: