Thursday, May 26, 2011

Voting and Guns

Voting, supposedly an unalienable right for all Americans, has now become more difficult.  You must carry a photo i.d. to the polls and it better match the address on record.  I imagine that the nine or ten people who actually committed voter fraud in the last election caused this restrictive measure to occur.  Thank you Scott Walker for yet another useless mandate.  You are most definitely the King of Idiot Laws.

Carrying a concealed weapon is now perfectly legitimate.  You don't even need to know how to use it, just load it up and pack it in your waistband, cowboy boot or handbag.  Figure it out when you need to.  I don't particularly like guns, don't feel citizens need to arm themselves to defend themselves in our society.  We haven't reverted to the wild west yet, even though Republicans would like to repeal all laws that brought us out of that sort of violent existence.

I work in a retail setting.  I am not particularly happy about having to wonder which customers are armed and dangerous, dangerous in the sense they haven't had any training to use the firepower tucked in their underwear.

My husband wants me to get a gun and learn how to use it.  I probably should.  But I really hate guns, even the pink Hello Kitty .38 that would be the only reasonable weapon of choice for me.  However, if everyone else is going to "armed" status, maybe I should too.  I would, however, like to know how to use the weapon before I put it in my Gucci bag.  What I don't need is any holes in my designer leather accessories, or dead bodies in front of me because I dropped my oversized handbag because its too heavy.  Heavier now with that .38 special. 

I think we should all go out to the capitol with our new weapons and stand on the green, firing them in the air like the Arabs do on their special holidays.  Let Scott Walker know we're happy with this new law, we love the freedom of mindless gun ownership and if a few of us kill each other because we're untrained, well, that's a lesson we won't soon forget.  Especially if we're dead.  Concealed carry.  Hmmmm.  Well, now we have an excuse for senseless murders --- we didn't quite understand how to use our guns and Governor Walker told us that was alright.  You can't charge me......I'm ignorant.  Sounds to me like that should be Oil Can Scotty's cry when the recall elections start!

No comments: