Yes, tis the season when the winter blahs descend on all of us, that is, all of us stuck living in the frigid zones.
Even Scott Walker's self appreciating television ads are blah. He always looks like a person whose mind is elsewhere. And I AM being nice. There is no physical proof that Scott Walker actually has a mind.
So here's some things you can do to enjoy life more in the dark days of Blah Season:
1. Drink alcohol. (Do this at home)
2. Go to the Movies. My recommendations: The Descendants. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Escapism on the silver screen has always been one of my favorite ways to ignore the cold.
3. Plan a gambling weekend. It's always hot in the casinos.
4. Research the ponies for when the tracks open next spring.
5. Deface posters of Scott Walker. Always carry a black magic marker.
6. Go on vacation. I am, but not until April. By then, the days will be getting somewhat better (I can only hope.)
7. Plan and cook hearty, hot, winter meals.
8. Take your dog for a walk to get rid of the hearty, hot winter meals.
9. Bake bread. I love to bake bread. I love to pound the hell out of a lump of dough, pretending it's every republican I love to hate.