This has been a very sad year for Wisconsinites who believe in democracy and justice for all. In fact, this has been a year so enmeshed in controversy, underhandedness and downright illegal maneuverings by the GOP here in Wisconsin, that the GOP seems to have lost all credibility with thinking types.
1. A supreme court justice who failed to recuse himself from cases in which he personally benefited, and therefore compromised his impartiality.
2. Milwaukee County staff who have stolen from Milwaukee County taxpayers while doing campaign work for Scott Walker on the county dime.
3. A supreme court justice who put another (dissenting) justice in a choke-hold, and is under investigation for that crime. (Personally, I believe Prosser is senile and should be put out to pasture rather than prosecuted. This is one autocrat we really need to send packing.)
4. An assault on basic rights for public workers that came out of nowhere and quickly snowballed Scott Walker into the national limelight as the Governor with the super secret, big business, corporate agenda.
5. A state justice department too afraid of Scott Walker for its own good. No one benefits from a state justice department made up of wimps and wussies.
6. The most restrictive voter's rights laws in the country.
7. A concealed carry law that now makes it relatively legal to be shot by anyone, anywhere, anytime, as long as they have a permit and feel endangered.
8. Alberta Darling remaining in office. What an insult to the working class.
9. James Sensenbrenner opening his fat mouth yet again when he really just talks out of his a$$.
Let's face it, 2011 was not a good year for democracy in Wisconsin. It was a good year for crooks, thugs, and a$$holes, though. We've got one of the a$$holes sitting in the governor's mansion. A few more on the supreme court. And let's not forget the most important a$$holes, those of you who voted republican. May 2012 be a slap in the face to all of you!
On the bright side:
2012 is shaping up to be the year we stood up and slapped down the totalitarian, oligarchy and downright f*cking stupid sonsabitches who tried to take this great state down.
It's sad, but my last words for 2011 is F*CK YOU, F*CK THE HORSE YOU RODE IN ON AND F*CK ANYONE WHO LOOKS LIKE (OR VOTES LIKE) YOU. It's been a bad year, but a real eye opener.